Climatic Research Unit : Staff : Keith Briffa
- Briffa, K. R. and Melvin, T.M. 2008.
A Closer Look at Regional Curve Standardization of Tree-Ring Records: Justification of the Need, a Warning of Some Pitfalls, and Suggested Improvements in Its Application (2008) (draft paper)
in M. K. Hughes, H. F. Diaz, and T. W. Swetnam, editors. Dendroclimatology: Progress and prospects. Springer Verlag (in press).
- Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society B 363 (12-Jul-2008) 2271-2284 - data
- Journal of Geophysical Research 106 D3 (16-Feb-2001) 2929-2941 - abstract, paper, plates
- Quaternary Science Reviews 19, 87-105 (1999) - abstract, figures and data
- Chapter 10 of Bradley Paleoclimatology: Reconstructing Climates of the Quaternary
Dendroclimatic pilot study in Ethiopia - Report to the Overseas Development Adminstration (1986)
- Briffa, K. R., P. D. Jones, F. H. Schweingruber, W. Karlén, and S. G. Shiyatov. 1996.
Tree-ring variables as proxy-climate indicators: Problems with low frequency signals.
Pages 9-41 in P. D. Jones, R. S. Bradley, and J. Jouzel, editors.
Climatic Variations and Forcing Mechanisms of the Last 2000 Years. Springer-Verlag, Berlin.
Last updated: October 2009