ACCORD - Atmospheric Circulation Classification and Downscaling
Climatic Research Unit : Research and Projects:
ACCORD Data sets
- Data sets available for use in the ACCORD project:
- Details are given in the Minutes of the ACCORD Start-up meeting.
- Data available from the Climatic Research Unit:
- A number of data sets can be downloaded from the Climatic Research Unit web site.
- NCEP reanalysis data:
- The following NCEP data sets have been extracted and are available for downloading:
- Daily data: SLP, precipitation rate, air temperature at 2m, min. and max. temperature at 2m
- 6-hourly data: SLP, geopotential height (200, 300, 500, 700, 850 and 1000 hPa), U/V-wind near surface
ACCORD participants will be informed by email when additional data sets become available.
- For documentation see Kalnay et al., 1996, BAMS, 77, 437-471 and the NCEP web site.
N.B. A problem has been identified with the 1948-1967 daily slp data.
- Gridded daily precipitation for the Alpine region:
- The Alpine Precipitation Climatology developed at ETH can be released free of charge to registered users.
Last updated: December 1998