CRU : Projects : SO&P : Data
SO&P: Data for Deliverable 13
Regional estimates of observed and proxy sea level rise
The following observational/reconstructed sea level data sets have been assembled and/or developed
for use within the SO&P project,
and together they represent deliverable 13 of the project
(see deliverables list).
- Reconstructed proxy-based sea level for the North Atlantic region
- These data are not yet available for open use, which is why they are password-protected for
restricted access. They represent the culmination of new fieldwork and a critical survey
of published and other unpublished data, as described in the SO&P final report
(see SO&P publications for reports). Refer to that report
for full details. Six records were considered appropriate for comparison with the model
- North Carolina (Wright et al., unpublished).
- Connecticut (Donnelly et al., 2004).
- Connecticut (Wright et al., unpublished).
- Nova Scotia (Gehrels et al., 2005).
- Maine (Gehrels, 1999, 2000; Gehrels et al., 2002).
- Iceland (Gehrels et al., 2006).
- These data represent relative sea level changes only -- i.e., long-term trends due to glacio-isostatic
adjustments and other sources of local vertical land movement have not been removed.
- Five of these reconstructions are represented in the figure below.
- The data and plot are available as an EXCEL spreadsheet.
- Tide-gauge observations of sea level
Last updated: June 2006, Tim Osborn