CRU : Research : STARDEX
STARDEX Deliverable D9
To analyse trends in extreme daily precipitation and temperature across Europe in the 2nd half of the 20th century
Andras Bardossy, USTUTT-IWS
This deliverable utilises a dataset of nearly 500 European daily station series together with denser station networks for seven European regions, to analyse trends in extreme daily precipitation and temperature over the 2nd half of the 20th century.
Ten indices of extremes are presented, calculated using the publicly-available STARDEX software.
The use of a common set of indices and the large number of station series used, make this the most comprehensive and consistent study to date of European temperature and precipitation extremes.
- Synthesis Report
- ARPA-SMR: Northern Italy - temperature and precipitation
- AUTH: Greece - temperature, precipitation, thermal discomfort index, fire hazard index
- CNRS: French Alps - temperature, precipitation
- ETH: Swiss Alps - precipitation
- FTS: Western/Central/Eastern Europe and Southern Alps winter storms and river flooding - causes and damages
- FTS: tables
- UEA: UK temperature and precipitation
- UEA: Europe temperature and precipitation
- UNIBE: Switzerland temperature
- USTUTT-IWS: German part of Rhine Basin temperature and precipitation
Last updated: March 2005, Malcolm Haylock