Datasets are managed by a variety of people and projects within CRU. Some are available on-line, others must be requested from the person responsible for them.
The various datasets on the CRU website are provided for all to use, provided the sources are acknowledged. Acknowledgement should preferably be by citing one or more of the papers referenced on the appropriate page. The website can also be acknowledged if deemed necessary. CRU will endeavour to update the majority of the data pages at timely intervals although this cannot be guaranteed by specific dates.
Datasets are available in the following categories:
- Temperature (5°×5° gridded versions)
- Precipitation (5°×5° and 2.5°×3.75° gridded versions)
- Pressure and Circulation Indices
- Long monthly rainfall total series for the UK and Ireland
- UK Climate Indices
- Mediterranean climate
- Alpine climate data
- High-resolution gridded datasets
- NCEP/NCAR Reanalysis data - updated to 2014
- Drought indices
- Data availability
- Data and other materials associated with some specific CRU published papers
You may also want to look at:
These datasets are made available under the Open Database License.
Any rights in individual contents of the datasets are licensed under the Database Contents License under the conditions of Attribution and Share-Alike.
Please use the attribution Climatic Research Unit, University of East Anglia