Request a climate data-set
When you request a data-set, you are making a commitment:
- to cite the data-set as indicated in the documentation
- to not re-distribute the data-set (I am happy for others in your institution to share your download, but they should still send me their details in an email, for the reasons discussed below)
To acquire any of the gridded data-sets, check the CRU High-Resolution Gridded Datasets page for availability (opens in a new window).
If a dataset is available on request, please email The Climatic Research Unit (
email@example.com), briefly giving the following information:
This information is not required in order to monitor your every movement, but:
- preferred email address
- data-set required (e.g. TYN SC 2.0)
- the scientific purpose for which the data-set is required (this means the scientific subject in which you are interested, and the role that this data-set would play, in one or two sentences)
- to permit version control
- to enable rapid dissemination of information about updates and corrections
- to enable information to be gathered about the uses to which the data-set is put, to assist with funding applications
Before asking a question, please read the data-set documentation and the FAQ.
Thanks for your co-operation!
No longer in post
Please note that I left my position in the Tyndall Centre at the end of February 2004. I am no longer able to answer requests for data or information on the climate data-sets I have produced. The data-sets are still being supplied on the same basis however; please follow the instructions given above.